Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We've had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. I didn't take nearly enough pictures to document the weekend (I was too busy enjoying it!), but here is one that I took last night at Hedding.

Our weekend started out with a low-key Friday night and Saturday at home, which is always much needed after a long week at school. Then Saturday night we went to Sarah and Reg's hosue for a cookout with them, Lisa, and Victoria. Reg fired up (literally - he uses a blow torch to start it) the bonfire and we had a wonderful evening of good friends, food, and conversation. We made s'mores, which always make me very happy, and Bob and Reg broke out their guitars and played as the night progressed. It was a perfect night!

Our original plan for the weekend had been to go to Hedding and we finally made it there on Sunday afternoon. I'll admit that I was a little concerned Bob might not like Hedding and find it as charming as I do, but lucky for me, he loved it! He was a happy man - a nice getaway, plus he got to have lobster last night. We're already counting down the days until we can go back to Hedding - its just so nice to get away and relax.

Now Bob is napping and I'm getting ready to go to school for the Memorial Day parade. Back to reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment