Monday, July 25, 2011

A Midsummer "Afternoon's" Dream

My dear friend Becky was Helena in A Midsummer Night's Dream at Prescott Park in Portsmouth and Sean, Victoria, Lisa, Bob and I went to see her on Sunday afternoon. It was a perfect day - a nice cool sea breeze and we found seats in the shade. We packed a lovely picnic lunch, including Victoria's yummy margaritas, and we had a lovely afternoon. I haven't been to a show in Prescott Park since I was a kid and my parents and the Phelps would bring all of us kids to shows - we would camp out and run around the park until the play started.

Becky truly stole the show. Her Helena was hilarious and she was just amazing! I got to hear her running her lines while we were at Wanakee last week, but I had no idea she would be so funny. We were super impressed!

I've never seen A Midsummer Night's Dream live and I really loved it. The actors were great and I love how they used physical comedy to move the storyline along.

The best part of a show at Prescott Park is that you can enjoy ocean views from the pier during intermission. It was so nice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment