Friday, August 19, 2011

Happy Housewife

I spent a happy day in the kitchen yesterday, cooking and baking to my heart's content. Its still amazing to me that I enjoy cooking as much as I do - I NEVER used to cook. But the minute Bob and I got together, I found my inner domestic goddess and now I love it! I've gotten really good at trying new recipes and experimenting. Yesterday's menu included vegetarian taco salad for lunch and Italian parmesan bread and fresh eggplant parmesan for dinner. In addition, I tried these orange creamsicle biscotti and they turned out great!!

I also rearranged the kitchen and cleaned out the cupboards (I have a bad habit of holding onto things after their "use by" date). Now everything is organized and I'm happy. We've begun to think about buying a house or condo next summer when our lease on this apartment is up, so its fun to dream about a better kitchen with great storage, more countertops, and a gas stove. Oh, the fun I could have in a good kitchen!!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear you are enjoying cooking and the domestic side of things! One day, when it gets colder, or maybe during Ramadan break I will try making the biscotti. Fortunately Kelani likes to cook and is happy to help around the kitchen.
    I too am looking for a perfect kitchen!
    t

    ReplyDelete