Sunday, September 25, 2011

The last few weeks...

School started 4 weeks ago, hence the lack of blog posts recently! The year is off to a good start, but summer vacation feels like it was forever ago. Its great to be back with my kids and I love the classes I'm teaching this year. I have over 20 new kids in band this year, which is amazing, and a big challenge. I can't believe I'm already in my third year in Bow - it definitely gets easier every year!

Last weekend I took a personal day on Friday and went up to the Highland Games with Sarah and Judy. They have gone for years and Sarah keeps asking me to go with them. I was finally able to make it work this year and I'm so glad I did! I can't wait to go again next year!!

The big highlight of the Games for Sarah and Judy is seeing Albanach perform. I heard them in Manchester in the spring and liked them, but seeing them at the Games made me a big fan! And small world... the bagpipe player is the cousin of my friend William (who is Scottish but lives in Berlin).


We managed to snag a front row spot (literally right up against the stage) at Albanach's first performance on Friday and they were amazing! I never thought I would like pipes and drums, but these guys are incredible to watch.


I had to leave the Games on Saturday morning to get back to school for my band to play at the Homecoming football game, but I'm looking forward to staying at the Highland Games for the whole weekend next year.

We've been so busy with school and all kinds of crazy family stuff that we haven't done too many other exciting things. But we did decide to trek down to IKEA for some fun stuff and stopped in Faneuil Hall to have dinner at Wagamama on our way home. Some of you know my overwhelming love of Wagamama and understand what an exciting thing this is for me! I first experienced Wagamama in Europe and was beyond excited when I found out that they were opening a couple of restaurants in Boston. I still don't get to eat it as often as I'd like, but I'm always very happy when I have a chance to go there. It was a beautiful night in Boston and we were able to eat outside. It was a perfect way to end a lovely afternoon!



And on a final note, Bob and I are looking forward to our first wedding anniversary next weekend! We're planning on going to the Deerfield Fair at some point over the weekend, then going out for Indian food on Sunday (our actual anniversary - October 2). We have a long weekend off from school over Columbus Day weekend, so we're heading to Bar Harbor, of course! Heather and Don Parker have offered us their house at Hancock Point for the weekend, so we're looking forward to being there and enjoying the beach. And going to Rosalie's Pizza at least a couple of times - it is the last weekend their open until the spring, so we need to eat there as much as possible!

I'll share more pictures and stories in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment