Monday, August 2, 2010

Bachelorette Weekend

I'm a very lucky girl, that's for sure. Not only do I get to marry the man of my dreams, but I have incredible friends who want to celebrate this with me! Sarah, my wonderful, fabulous, generous, thoughtful maid of honor (she is technically a "matron" of honor but we both think that "matron" just doesn't fit her) planned an incredibly fun bachelorette weekend for me. She was determined to keep the whole weekend a secret from me and I think a lot if her joy over the course of the weekend was watching me, her type-A, control freak, always-the-planner friend, not know what was going on and just have to go with the flow. It was a good change for me!

Sarah picked me up at 2:30 on Friday afternoon, having told me nothing about where we were going, only what to pack and what to wear. We ended up at Hedding, which was our home base for the weekend. It worked out perfectly - we used Sarah's cottage and our cottage and it was nice to be someplace familiar and someplace where we could just relax when we wanted to. Friday night's festivities involved dinner with my girls - Sarah, Victoria, Lisa and Kristina. Lisa had flown Kristina home from Iowa for the weekend so she could be with us and it was so nice to just all be together. We had a very yummy dinner at Zampas, then went back to Sarah's cottage and played games and laughed and laughed. It was a lot of fun!

Nicole, Michelle, Becky and Sarah joined us for Saturday night and we had a great time going out in Portsmouth! I sported a lovely veil and bride sash all night and got lots of congratulations from people as we walked by. We started out the evening with a harbor cruise, then carried on to...

... dinner at The Blue Mermaid! It was super yummy and the drinks were great. After dinner we did the obligatory bar-hopping in Portsmouth - The Coat of Arms, The Brewery, The Rusty Hammer, and The Red Door. Lots of fun was had by all!

Here is a link to the rest of my pictures from the weekend: Bachelorette Weekend

Thank you girls for making my weekend so great and a special thanks to Sarah, with help from Victoria and Lisa, for planning such a fun time! You all are the best and I love you very much!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a cool crew michelle. You look like your very happy. Wish I was in portsmouth for a night out

    ReplyDelete