Sunday, December 12, 2010

Creativity

I've been in creative-mode lately. I'm working on some Christmas gifts and have been doing a lot of sewing, which I love. Amanda and I made plans to get together yesterday to craft, but I woke up wanting to cook and bake too.


I made this cake for Amanda to celebrate her birthday. I also made vegetable pot pie for lunch - so yummy!!


My finished holiday banner - I love it!!! Thanks to Amanda for teaching me how to do the stitching around the letter.


Our crafting day yesterday has inspired me to spend today sewing too - I'm working on a couple of quilts and an apron for Bob (a very manly apron, of course - the fabric actually has guitars on it and is really cool). And I'm going to cook - Tofurkey in the LeCreuset!

2 comments:

  1. So awesome! The cake, the pot pie and the banner! I am so happy that we have reconnected in a way that we are able to share a common experience. Our childhood friendship was important to me, and our new friendship is even more important! I love you my friend. Let's schedule our January craft day now :)

    PS - Your fingerless mitts are on the needles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful for our friendship! All the memories of my childhood are wrapped up in you, but I'm also so glad we've become friends as adults because we actually want to be friends. And yes, I'm glad we share a common experience and we can craft together. I love you too, my friend! I think one of the weekends at the end of January will work for me, but I'll let you know for sure about our next craft day. Can't wait for the mittens!!! :)

    ReplyDelete