Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our First Married Christmas

We had a wonderful first Christmas together (we were dating last Christmas, but we'd only been together about a month and we spent the holiday apart), despite both of us feeling pretty lousy and valiantly fighting the flu.

We spent Christmas at my mom's house in Hillsboro, along with Marc, Erin, and Erin's kids Logan and Myley. Bob and I were actually the first ones up on Christmas morning, thanks to an uncomfortable mattress, so I headed downstairs around 6:30am to take some photos of the tree. Santa had definitely arrived and I couldn't wait for the kids to come down and see everything. Mom and Bob both came down soon after and we patiently waited until we heard little feet upstairs. Logan was the first one up and he and I went upstairs to get his mom, Marc and Myley.

It was insanely crazy once we started opening presents, but we loved every minute of it. Logan went to town on all his gifts, and helped the rest of us open ours as well. Myley camped out on the couch with Bob and I and happily opened her gifts one by one. She was much more interested in playing with them in between opening, so we actually had to keep her moving with the opening or we would have been there all day.

It is pretty amazing to think how much our family has changed in a year. Check out my old blog to see my post from last Christmas when Mom, Marc and I were in Quebec. We went from a family of three to a family of seven in 12 short months and we couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment