Thursday, July 1, 2010

10 Things Thursday

Here is this week's list:

1. Sitting with Bob on the pier in Northeast Harbor, watching everyone get on and off the boats and making up stories about them.

2. Getting to eat yummy falafel twice in 2 days.

3. Getting to eat said falafel outside both times - I love restaurants with outdoor seating.

4. Helping Mom move into her new house in Hillsboro. Its beautiful and I'm excited to spend more time there. Plus it is nice having her close by.

5. Finding someone to store my piano for the next couple of years. Mom moved it to Hillsboro, but it wouldn't fit through the doors in her new (very old) house. We had to store it in the garage and I spent the next 24 hours stressing about what to do with the piano, until I went to school on Wednesday and mentioned to my department head that I was trying to figure out what I could do with my piano. She immediately volunteered to take it - her daughters want to learn to play and they were going to buy a keyboard. This works out much better! She and her family will store it for me for the next 2 years until our current apartment lease is up, then we'll figure out what to do with it. I'm so thankful it has a good home!

6. Shopping today with Mom and helping her pick out her mother-of-the-bride dress. It is a beautiful suit and I love it!

7. Buying Christel her flower girl dress. We went to David's Bridal today and she got to try on dresses. She was super cute and kept dancing around in the dresses and looking at herself in the mirror. I love the dress we picked out and I can't wait to see her on the day of the wedding.

8. Mom bought us one of our china and silverware place settings and I love it! It is being shipped to our house from Macy's and I can't wait to see it. I really love the china pattern we chose and it will fun to have a place setting.

9. Getting excited about Footnotes. I go to Wanakee next weekend and I'm really looking forward to being there for the week.

10. Meeting with my drum majors on Wednesday at school. Willie and Rachel are great and I'm looking forward to working with them next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment