Thursday, July 22, 2010

10 Things Thursday

I just got back from spending a week at Wanakee directing Footnotes, so here is a list of 10 things I love about Wanakee:

1. Watching the sunset over the lake while swimming at the waterfront

2. Singing 3 songs after every meal - why can't we do this in everyday life? I think we'd all be a lot happier! :)

3. Sitting in the back of the dining hall and remembering what it felt to sit in that same spot when I was a little kid at Wanakee

4. Flying squirrels in the dining hall

5. Having my day revolve around a bell that rings 4 times a day to announce wake up and the 3 meals

6. The Allelus on Friday night - singing up and down the hill to put a cap on the week

7. Being able to hang out with Kerri-Lynn, Becky, and Sue for an entire week

8. Getting invited to cookouts and campfires - yummy food that we don't have to cook!

9. The incredible feeling I get standing in front of the Footnotes campers and conducting them as they sing the concert - it is truly the best feeling in the world.

10. Knowing after this summer that no matter what happens, I can still come back to camp and direct Footnotes and have a great week. It is still one of my most favorite places in the world and I'm lucky to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment