Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July

Our 4th of July adventures continued in the afternoon when we went to Anne and Seames' annual 4th of July party at their house in Dover. Now, for those of you who haven't heard the story, I have a good one for you...

A few months ago Bob and I were driving to Berwick to visit my grandparents and on the way we stopped at an intersection in Dover where Bob mentioned that his cousin Seames and his wife Anne lived down the road. I told him that I knew an Anne and Seames who lived down that road and within seconds we had discovered that his cousin Seames is married to my friend Lisa's sister Anne. Does that make sense? We were both shocked and little freaked out by it and I immediately called Lisa to tell her that we were going to be related. Yep, once Bob and I get married, Lisa (who I met at Wanakee and have been friends with since 1996) and I will be related by marriage. Pretty crazy, huh? Bob and I both still marvel at the fact that we both knew Anne and Seames separately before we knew each other. Bob was even at their wedding, so he met Lisa's parents who I've known forever as well! It is a VERY, VERY, VERY small world. We think there is even a possibility Bob and I might have been at Anne and Seames house at the same time at some point back in the late 90s when Lisa and I were at UNH and hanging out in Dover and Bob and Seames were geeking out on computer stuff. Crazy...

Needless to say, it was very fun to all be together for the 4th of July - Anne, Seames, me, Bob, Lisa, Lisa's parents, Seames' brother Roy, Bob's aunt - one big happy family! :) We can't wait to have our two worlds mix again at the wedding - I wonder if Lisa will sit with the Wanakee people on my side of the aisle or with Seames and Anne on Bob's side...??

The party was great and we had a really good time - great food, great company, very relaxed. On our drive home we saw this amazing sunset. The perfect end to a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment