Thursday, June 24, 2010

10 Things Thursday

I'm trying to be better about keeping up with this, plus it is nice to look back at things that were good during the week, so here is my list of 10 things that have made me happy this week:

1. School is done!!!! I think I mentioned this last week, but at that point we still had one day left, so I think it is okay to include it on the list this week too.

2. There are only 100 days until the wedding! The countdown is on and we are so excited. October 2nd can't come soon enough, as far as we are concerned.

3. Getting our first official wedding gift! Karen sent us the blender/food processor from our Macy's registry and we love it. It was such a nice surprise when the doorbell rang yesterday and there was the UPS man with a big box from Macy's. Thanks Karen!!

4. The incredibly yummy food Bob has been making lately - as I write this, he is making potatoes and onions, plus cucumbers, snap peas, and veggie burgers, for dinner. And last night he made the most amazing homemade spaghetti sauce.

5. Speaking of food, our CSA share has been very yummy too. This week we got strawberries, tomatoes, snap peas, lettuce, garlic snapes, and scallions. It is so fun to go every Wednesday and see what we'll get and think of what we can make with it. We're really excited about eating healthy and local this summer.

6. Our amazing time at Hedding. It was perfect - there is nothing more I can say about it.

7. The anticipation of eating at Rosalie's Pizza in Bar Harbor on Saturday. This is my favorite pizza place in the whole world and I can't wait for Bob to experience it.

8. Our trip to Maine this weekend - we're going up for Mom's last Sunday at her church in Corinth and we're looking forward to being with her for the weekend.

9. Pink lemonade - we made some today and I'm hooked. Such a good summer drink!

10. A lovely chat with Victoria last night - it was so nice to catch up, so thanks for calling!

1 comment: